Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Not your Moms Pot Pie !

Blessed with Grace


Not your mother's Pot Pie !

4 carrots peeled and diced
1 red Bell pepper diced
4 stalks of celery diced
1/2 Onion diced
about  1
1pound of Mushrooms sliced not diced
1 stick of real unsalted butter add everything but the mushrooms to a pan and sautee until soft then add mushrooms salt & pepper and about 3/4 cup of Red Wine cook about another 10 minutes deglaze them cook it down !
then set aside and make a white cream sauce
1 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1 cup milk
1 stick of real butter
and some flour to thinken it up a bit salt & pepper but not too much !
4 Chicken breast shredded
I baked mine for about 30 minutes until the crust is golden brown !

11 comments:

  1. YUM! There is no better comfort food for me than pot pie. This look amazing. I am so bland when it comes to cooking (but love good food) and this looks awesome. I always say I am a better eater than a cooker:) Your newest follower from SITS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks really good!! Unfortunately, the hubs doesn't like pot pie. WHAT!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yumm that looks really good just might have to try it out thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. all i can say is WOW!!! :)oh and Thank You!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That does look yummy! Would love to try/make that some time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks delish! I love the step by step pictures!! :)
    I will need to try and cook!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how I wish I had that for my dinner tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That recipe looks seriously yummy - and I love that the wine is called "Little Black Dress" - that's really cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Saving this recipe right now! Looks amazing! xoxo

    ReplyDelete